An in depth guide for how-to Receive Beam coins and different receiving addresses available in your Beam mobile wallet.
- 1.Launch Beam mobile wallet app.
- 2.From the wallet screen, tap receive.
- 3.Copyyour wallet address. If the Sender uses Beam mobile, tapto access your wallet address's shareable QR code. The Sender will decide between Regular and Offline payments. To send an address with higher privacy settings, Advanced > Maximum anonymity set.
- 4.Enter a requested amount (optional).
- 5.Leave a comment (optional). Comments are only visible inside your wallet for personal record-keeping.
- 6.To complete your transaction, tap share address to airdrop your wallet address or send via a secure messaging app.
To share your wallet address for a Regular transaction, simply copy/paste your wallet address and share your wallet address over a secure messaging app. If the sender is on mobile, tap
to access your wallet address's shareable QR code.
The max anonymity set is a unique Offline transaction that offers maximum privacy. It can take up to 72 hours to complete; users can adjust the lock times in their mobile wallets. However, shorter lock times equals less privacy; the highest lock time guarantees your private information remains confidential.
View the time till your coins unlock by tapping "more details" in your wallet balance.
We recommend Public Offline addresses for users expecting to receive regular Offline payments. Public Offline addresses do not expire. While having a single lifetime address can sound appealing, we cannot guarantee maximum privacy for your personal information (transaction history, wallet balance).
To find your Public Offline address:
- 1.Tapto access your wallet menu.
- 2.Go to Settings> utilities > "show public offline address."
- 3.Copy address or allow the sender to scan your QR code.
When the sender has initiated the transaction, the new transaction will be listed under "transactions" in your Beam wallet.
Beam coins received via Offline and Public Offline transactions cannot be seen unless your Beam wallet is connected with the mobile node.
Beam coins received via maximum anonymity set cannot be seen unless your Beam wallet is connected to the mobile node. They will be listed as "sent offline" in your transactions list.