While your Beam mobile wallet puts users in complete control over their digital funds, however recovering funds sent or received by an incorrect address is not possible. Always double-check to make sure you are not sending Beam coins to an incorrect or expired address.
- 1.Launch Beam mobile wallet app.
- 2.From the wallet screen, tap send.
- 3.Paste the Receiver's wallet address (or tapto scan QR code). Users can choose from a list of saved contacts or active wallet addresses.
- 4.Choose transaction type (Regular or Offline). If the Receiver provides a max anonymity set address, the transaction type will change to "max privacy."
- 5.Enter the amount of Beam you wish to send.
- 6.Leave a comment (optional). Comments are only visible inside your wallet for personal record-keeping.
- 7.Tap next to preview the transaction before sending (double-check your wallet addresses).
- 8.Tap send to send your Beam coins.
The sender decides whether to send a Regular payment or an Offline payment.
As a special type of Offline transaction, max anonymity set addresses carry the same transactions fees.
Your Beam wallet will notify if you are sending to a Public Offline address, so always double-check addresses before sending your Beam coins.
If the Receiver wallet is currently offline, the transaction will appear as "waiting for receiver" in your transactions list, switching to "in progress" when the Receiver goes online (Regular transactions only).
Completed Offline transactions will be listed as "sent offline." Tap on the transaction to view the full transaction details.
Completed transactions using max anonymity list as "completed offline." If it reads "in progress max privacy," then your coins are still locked.
Completed Public Offline transactions will be listed as "sent public offline." Tap on the transaction to view the full transaction details.